Staining and varnishing
WHAT IS STAINING?
Staining emphasizes the natural appearance of wood and veneer and offers the possibility to color them as desired. The wood grains partially absorb the stain, so that the fibers are not covered. This way you can protect your wooden or veneer parts with a transparent or opaque layer of fine pigments without changing the appearance.
WHAT IS VARNISHING?
Varnish is applied on top of another coat of paint or directly on the original material. The layer is transparent, hard, water-resistant and protects the wood, veneer or MDF material against wear, stains, moisture and scratches.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STAINING?
- The original wood grains are retained
- Protects against moisture and dust
- Specific colours possible
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A VARNISH LAYER?
- Very sustainable
- Easy to maintain
- Moisture and water-resistant
- Special hardness due to modern development techniques